WITH Tas, supported by funding from the Department of Communities Tasmania, is offering three WITH Tas Members a $1,000 scholarship on successfully applying to the Small Business I-LEAD program.
Our aim with this scholarship is to help emerging women leaders in our industry and fast-track their leadership skills and business acumen.
I-LEAD is a program from Tasmanian Leaders, an incorporated and not-for-profit association that is the state's premier leadership development organisation.
WHAT: a course designed to increase your leadership capacity against a backdrop of uncertain business conditions. Expertise is provided in the three key areas of Personal, Strategic and Business Leadership and it also helps develop a wider and richer network of contacts. Read more on the I-LEAD program and download the I-LEAD brochure
WHEN: The Small Business course, beginning on the 20th April, is delivered online weekly over three months starting in late April and concluding with an in-person event in Launceston.
APPLICATIONS for I-LEAD are now open and close on the 12th April 2021. Successful applicants are advised on the 16th April and the course starts on the 20th April.
WITH Tas is offering three $1,000 scholarships for Members successfully applying to the I-LEAD program.
This opportunity is open to existing WITH Tas or WITH North Members and new Members who join before 12 April with the special extended membership (through to August 2022). If you're unsure about your Membership status, please email email@example.com
Please note the full cost of this course is $1,330 and therefore a co-contribution of $330.00 is required.
- Complete an application to I-LEAD and tick the box indicating you are a Member of WITH Tas or WITH North. (Please note Membership status will be checked by I-LEAD.)
- Advise WITH Tas via email that you have applied for the course.
- Details of successful I-LEAD candidates will be forwarded to WITH Tas for confirmation (and potential selection if more than three successful eligible applicants).
- WITH Tas will advise I-LEAD of final scholarship winners, arrange full payment of the course and invoice participants for co-contribution (payable within 7 days of invoice).
By accepting this scholarship, successful I-LEAD participants agree to:
- Pay the co-contribution of $330.
- Provide a report (written and/or a verbal presentation) to the Committee within two weeks of the conclusion of the course outlining its value, key lessons and outcomes.
- Provide brief updates to the Committee, as time permits, throughout the course.
Participants will gain:
- a better understanding of themselves as leaders
- the ability to think strategically and long-term to grow their businesses
- a wider network of relevant business peers
- inspiration and capability to lead beyond self for the greater good of Tasmania